Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Tis the season to be runny

I ran what I later discovered to be 10K on early Sunday morning, and somewhere around 5.5K this afternoon during lunch break. Running is therapeutic, and while things are still a little hectic, and I'm still feeling "ok-ly crap", it was at least nice to get out and forget about work for a while. I wasn't too concerned about distance run, or timings - when you're harassed by deadlines and expectations, the last thing you want to do is impose some more on yourself, and on the activity you do to escape it all. I was just happy to get out and run. I've never before in my life put in this many runs during the colder months.

It's still cold though, but at least when I leave for work in the mornings it's bright, and some days it's quite sunny. Late winter/early spring is a strange time of year. I view every season differently. Autumn is the time I gear up for increasingly colder and darker days. Winter is the time I'm thankful that the days are brighter, even though they get colder. Summer is the time it gets hot and muggy. I'm not quite sure about this time of year yet. At the moment late Winter/early Spring is when "it looks sunny but feels cold".

How do you view the seasons?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rice said...

Every season is my favourite when it gets here.. On nice spring mornings when the sun is up early and you slept with the window a crack open so you wake up from a light sleep to the sound of the birds singing. Summer mornings were its already 25C when you wake up and you know its going to be a great day to go to the lake. The fall when the leaves start to change and you wake up to frost on the ground, any water left outside is frozen over and its smells like the world is full of fresh air. Oh then the winter mornings were you wake up to a fresh coat of snow on the ground and its about –25C out so it’s a really light powder. The sun is so bright that you feel you need welding goggles just to go outside.. Yeah those are my favourite seasons..

Cheers

Rice.

1:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it always nice to forget about work all the time?

Give me summer any day of the week over anything else. I love the sun, the humidity Cincinnati has to offer, and most importantly NO SCHOOL! :-)

4:02 PM

 
Blogger Kurt said...

I find myself no matter what the season complaining that it is to cold, to hot, to much pollen, LOL. In the end I just bear with it and accept that I like the changes of the seasons (despite my ongoing complaining).

5:27 PM

 
Blogger Triseverance said...

Honestly I like the transitions. We are not quite there yet but we are on the cusp. I love to feel the warm sun a a cool winter day and know that it is gaining strength for the spring and summer ahead. Warming the tree buds and the earth for things to spring to life again.

And when the leaves turn and the air is crisp and cool. Birds migrate south, squirles gather nuts.

I love these times, mid summer and mid winter when it is often too cold or too hot, these are my least favorite times of the year. However I can generally find things to like in about any day, they are all good days to be alive.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer P said...

I love the anticipation of spring -- I hate the mucky streets though. This is the time of year that I usually get injured trying to navigate the slush and snow. Yuck.

4:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home