Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What do you do in an off week?

Ran 4 miles today. Lefty (the right shoe), Righty (the left shoe - you get it) and I beeped 5K under 21 minutes, then - because I was tired, cold, and not feeling up to it - we stopped after 28 minutes. Four 7-minute miles - I'll take that.

Apart from today, I haven't done any exercise since last Friday. It's my mid-term break this week and on most days I've dreamed of doing things that I don't normally get to do in a working week - which are, lounge around in the mornings, watch the Winter Olympics on TV, surf the net endlessly ... sadly, it hasn't all worked like that. I still spend an inordinate amount of time tidying up and preparing work for when term resumes, in the hope that it will give me an easier working week. Damn workaholic!

Over the Atlantic, we're getting a few more sunny days here. I won't dare to say, though, that Spring is arriving. We're still into the last official month of Winter, and March is the month where Winter, like a runner after too many intervals, dumps all its innards in a torrid downward flow. Running throughout winter has helped me though - usually by this time I'm fed up of the perpetually cold temperatures, but somehow I've missed that by keeping my eye on the next cardio session each time. Or maybe it's the fact that people are still out there running in spite of things.

And while we're heading into half-marathon season, how's everyone's training going?

Runner Susan: Austin Half, Feb 19
Massoman: Cowtown Half, Feb 25
Kurt: Jeep Liberty Challenge, Feb 25, 26
Jennifer P: Hypothermic Half, Feb 26
M: Ceasar Rodney Half, Mar 4

Have I missed out anyone?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

I am in taper mode now and trying to not go to nutty with it. Today is another rest day, only running 30 miles this week. All the training is done, hope to get over some nagging issues with the right knee and left hamstring and I will be 100%.

Thanks for asking!

6:29 PM

 
Blogger Zara said...

Yay! I don't know what you did, but your RSS feed works now! Woo-hoo! Thanks Try! See, you didn't even need my blimey help.

Susan, I don't know if this was subliminal because I saw your photo as I was reading the comment, but I read the first few words of your comment as "you can't be an alcoholic with spring on the way..." And then of course I thought, "Why not?" Lol!

10:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd take 7 minute miles any day!Good for you.

Perhaps you should schedule a little "down" time. Not every day should be spent working...right??

11:16 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I would take 4- 7 minute miles as well.

I noticed that you are in the education field. I just started another blog that is going to focus on education issues so if you ever have the time and have anything to chime in on about education I would love to hear it. You can find the link on my profile, or on my blog at the top of my list of blogs I follow. Have a nice break.

11:53 PM

 
Blogger m said...

You make it sound so easy.

Oh and my half is March 12th (?) Whatever it's a Sunday. I should put it on the blog, or better yet sign up for it.

1:15 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer P said...

It's certainly hypothermic...

4:12 AM

 
Blogger tryathlete said...

Sorry M, it was listed on the 12th on the website I checked.

Thanks guys for the well wishes!

3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home