Hooray for Bloglines
Let's get the technological aspects out of the way first, shall we? I've discovered bloglines ... so that now puts me just 2.5 light years behind some of you in terms of technological awareness, but at least I now know how you all read those seemingly endless number of blogs listed on your sites. Bloglines is cool and was quite easy to subscribe to, although you have to make sure the blog you read publishes a site feed. Zara, that was what I'd been doing wrong!
This morning I went to Mrs Try's Alexander Technique class as a "body" for the trainee teachers to work on. One of the principles behind the Technique is to eliminate unnecessary tension in daily activity. When you use too much tension, the motor nerves lose their tensile strength over time, like an overstretched rubber band, and part of the Technique aims to create self-awareness of doing any activity without over-tensing. To avoid boring you, more information here; this morning there was plenty of "sitting" and "standing" practice that I'm thankful I didn't do squats this week!
More weights this evening, I think. I'll probably be working on back and triceps.

This is what El Cheapo Me uses to do tricep kickbacks - a 5lb pouch of copper coins. They do the trick though! Am I the only one to confess to curling cymbals and pots of paint, or are there people out there who also find various uses for stuff ... anyone who squats a crate of old beer bottles, does dumbbell curls with the vacuum cleaner, or chinups on the shower rail maybe?
Can anyone also offer ideas as to what equipment I could use for hamstring curls?


2 Comments:
I conserve myself being a wealthy teacher and all! LOL.. I don't know about the hamstrings, I'll try to think creatively on that one...but I have used soup cans before or filled plastic water gallons. Then can fill to your desired level. Good Luck!
4:19 PM
I still have not discovered bloglines yet. I guess that means I am still in the dark ages.
2:46 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home