Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

One of the inadvertent plusses of this quest to fit in running in my daily life has been that I have been more productive than I normally would have been. Each week I look at the days and decide where I could squeeze in a run (because my timetable more or less changes from week to week, I can't schedule specific training days). On those days I don't run, I think about the days ahead and the work I have to clear in order to gain the time to exercise. Of course, there are other things to consider - for example, I wouldn't want to schedule a long run just before my worst day of the week, or on a day when both the Mrs and I have the evening off together, and on certain days I have to tackle the housework and the shopping as well so the Mrs doesn't have to do it... etc. Anyway, you get the idea. I'm pleased to say that my time is consequently better managed than it used to be.

Still, I have my sins too - on certain days I completely veg out after work, spend too much time surfing the internet or playing the addictive Madden NFL 2003 demo. Why do I waste nearly an hour trying to get Marshall Faulk to beat the record of 41 carries for 271 yards? Why do I try to get Kurt Warner to pass for over 300 yards over an eight-minute spell? Why do I surf the internet aimlessly? One thing that I've learnt, and will continually reiterate to myself, is that one's time is a reflection of one's self worth. If you feel that you are important, you will feel your time to be important, and want to use it wisely. I guess I should treat myself, and my time, with a bit more respect.

On another note, does anyone know where you can buy chain links - the ones police use to stop cars? There are these arseholes on those mini motorbikes that continually race up and down the neighbourhood, up and down the slopes. How I would just love to spread those links and send the idiots flying. Failing which, I'd settle for clotheslining them with a long rope.

Tuesday
Generally slow at work
Afternoons should either be spent:
Shopping
Preparing next Monday's music
Doing household chores - especially the ironing!
Anticipating things to be done on Wednesday afternoon

I'll view this list next Tuesday and see if doing this on a regular basis works.
Run #13 tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home