I spent much of this morning pratting about on the computer, surfing the internet – it’s officially the first day of half-term, and I didn’t have any students today, so I just relaxed. Supposed to go running, but didn’t feel in the mood, and wanted to watch TV – so I stayed indoors and did some circuits for 20 minutes at a rate of 120 – 160 bpm, alternating pressups, squats, calf raises with bicep curls, situps and leg raises. The leg raises and squats form the bulk of the session, as it’s otherwise damned near impossible to get your heart rate above 60% MHR. My circuit training is not exactly a tough workout (I don’t do squat jumps, jumping jacks etc to avoid disturbing the people downstairs) but it’s enough to get the heart rate going on an indoor day. I think I’ve discovered my winter workout.
Saturday, May 29, 2004
About Me

- Name: tryathlete
I try to get the balance between exercise, work, family and life right. It often eludes me.
Previous Posts
- Went for a short trot in the park. Total time ran:...
- My next run after my half-marathon stint was Satur...
- The weather was stonkin’ hot yesterday – at least ...
- Yet another quick recap: On Monday it was a bit co...
- While I've still been keeping up with the indoor e...
- Went for a long run on Monday - just over an hour....
- Quick recap since the last quick recap: Spent the ...
- Quick recap: Tuesday: 20 minute run in the park, ...
- A quick roundup since the last blog: Friday - wen...
- The composition class was good – taught this lady ...
archives
2008: J F M A M J J A 2007: J F M A M J J A S O N D 2006: J F M A M J J A S O N D 2005: J F M A M J J A S O N D 2004: J F M A M J J A S O N D


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home