My next run after my half-marathon stint was Saturday, but I didn't feel too guilty about that. It gave me a chance to rest, and besides - I was pretty active during that time, brisk walking and cycling, except that I didn't record any mileage or time spent on activity. Did a 25-minute recovery run on Saturday. I also kept busy with the weights and pressups and all that.
Yesterday I had fewer pupils due to exams, so in between teaching I was able to go for a run - beats watching English vs New Zealand cricket on TV! I can't believe how boring cricket is. I'm sure to those who know the nuances of the game better it is an interesting game, but certainly not for me. Anyway, I did the 1.1 km loop around the neighbourhood 9 times, tagging on a short bit as well to make it 10k. It was quite difficult at the latter stages to keep going, but all the way through I knew I was going to end up with a "good" time, which was what kept me going. Final time? 49:15, which is faster than I've ever done it before. It's a PB, but I'm especially pleased to do it under 50 minutes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home