Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Saturday, May 08, 2004

While I've still been keeping up with the indoor exercises, I have been a bit slack with the running. After some nice summery sunshine, it's gone back to cold, rain and the like. The sad thing is that I was probably spoiled by the nice weather, with temperatures reaching 70F, that when it "plunged" down to the 50s, I didn't want to go running in that - despite having run at such temperatures before. I've been thinking about getting a trainer or rollers for the bike, or maybe a rowing machine, and alternative forms of indoor cardiovascular exercise ... although I think they're too expensive, and besides - I'm moving house soon, so I don't want to have too many things at the moment.

Work's picking up, which is the good thing. No longer am I moaning about the lack of it. I'm now teaching three days of English (all at one school) and two days of Music (four different schools), and I have my own three students on top of that, so all that's fine with me.

Went for a run last Sunday with Kate and we did about three laps of the park in an easy 20 minutes. It was Kate's first run since the summer(!) - the sprints for the bus don't count - and she did pretty well. After that, we had a ice cream - weather was nice then.

COmpleted 25 minutes of running today - three laps around the park at about 5:30 pace. The weather's going to be nice on Monday, warm sunshine. The Camelbak sees daylight again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home