Mosaic of my week
Busy. I'm glad my school tomorrow has what it terms Exeats (unnecessarily Latin-posh for "exit"), which are like long weekends every 1/4 and 3/4 term. I could do with one tomorrow to get organized in all other facets of life.
House-wise, the legal documentation is being prepared. It will still take a couple of weeks, but the seller (here, they prefer the term "vendor", and to pronounce it "VanDAW") seems content not to accept any offers on the property, so gazumping is becoming less of a worry.
Thanks to everyone who responded on the previous post. Based on the comments, the overall conclusion I have arrived at is that one's safety should always be the primary concern, and one should just move on - even if it means tolerating incivility - because you cannot reason with Unreason. I have to say, though, that it's not so much racial slurs that bother me, but the flawed values that such people uphold - the fact that they think it's alright to act like that; that Wrong is Right to them. But unless I want to expend the time and energy into a lost cause, I should just forget about it, even though I am disturbed that these people will grow up to have children who then assimilate their parents' sins as the norm.
I so wanted to run today. I spent yesterday and today thinking about it. Oh yes, I also did it. 5 miles in 38:34 this evening after work - not world class, but not snail class, and I can accept that. I'll just have to be a bit more regular with the running from now on. We've had a chilly couple of days and today I had to go with gloves and hat. It was about 40F - warm to some. I am a scaredy pig.
The cold is good though - it makes people run fast. You'll have to check here for the proof later, as I don't want to spill the beans. Richard and Dianne - it was my true pleasure to meet you both. Hurray for blogging, otherwise I'd never have met you!
Have a good week everyone and happy running!


5 Comments:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for changing that nasty header! I would click on the link to your blog, look away from the computer and scroll before looking back, all to avoid it. I can't help it - I'm just a wimp!
It's so exciting about your house. I hope you post a few pictures when you finally get in there.
10:11 PM
Good news about the house. Did you get to meet up with Massoman? I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for further details.
4:45 AM
Does running in the cold make you faster so you can get home sooner to the warmth?
5:05 AM
Did you get a free massage? I heard that's the only reason they were going overseas - to give free massages to scaredy pigs.
12:19 PM
5 miles in 38:34? That is great! I dream about running that pace! I guess I need to run in the cold to get faster!
6:39 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home