King of all ARIDs
We've had a few days of cold temperatures and fog. Flights at Heathrow have been grounded, and the dog walkers in the park have put blinking diodes on their dogs' collars in case they stray too far. The weather today isn't expected to go above freezing, and when I headed out the door this morning it was 30F. I was nicely trussed up with thermals and ready to test my Psolar mask.
The mask looks stupid, I'll admit to that, but at least it keeps you warm. The best thing I like about it is that it covers the area from the ears down to the neck, instead of covering the head and ears and leaving the neck area exposed. When I run with a hat, all the excess heat builds up and pretty soon I'm uncomfortable and have to take the hat off. The mask worked fine and very quickly there was a noticeable difference. The silly thing, though, was that I'd gone running with my glasses so all that hot air was condensing on the lenses. After five minutes I had to ditch the mask to be able to see where I was going.
Running in cold weather irritates me. My skin starts getting itchy and scratchy when I run. After ten minutes I wanted to stop - I was probably overdressed - but kept running, even though I couldn't wait to come back home. At least I got the minutes in. I should note in future that a thermal and a shirt are enough for 0C runs.
#49 down. One more to go.
P.S. How do I switch to this new Blogger stuff?


2 Comments:
Interesting post to learn what running in the cold means. I only had this experience while I was in Edinburgh for a week end. Heathrow? Are you in London?
At the end, sorry but you were tagged.
6:23 PM
You beg other more knowledgable bloggers to make the switch for you. Or at least that's what I did.
8:33 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home