Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Words just rolling off me tongue

#40. A day late, but I managed it. I was supposed to go running yesterday, but a myriad of excuses meant I ended up postponing it. Did just about 20-30 minutes of running today because my knee was funny, it was running, and I wanted to save my mileage coupons and run for slightly longer on Sunday.

Since it's Friday today and I'm wearing my English teacher hat, I shall leave you with this little gem. (Not mine, unfortunately - I'm not that clever.)


Previous week's English Grammar question: By the time I arrived, Tom (use the correct verb form here) his dinner.

James: By the time I arrived, Tom had his dinner. (wrong)
John: By the time I arrived, Tom had had his dinner. (correct)


Can you stomach this?

John - where James had had "had" - had had "had had"; "had had" had had their teacher's approval.

Have have have a good weekend and happy running!

P.S. How about Buffalo?

3 Comments:

Blogger massoman said...

so funny. you're a clever pig.

2:34 PM

 
Blogger Backofpack said...

I'm feeling buffaloed by the whole thing.

8:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, i love english and grammar but am not good applying it, please don't ever grade my blog! :o)

sorry about the knee :|

11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home