Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Terribly windy day yesterday; the wind was against me all the while when I was going back from school twice (once during my break, and after school). It was a bit of a struggle going uphill with the wind against you, and on the downhill stretch where I normally go "Wheee!" and enjoy two minutes of rest, I had to pedal. Imagine that - having to pedal downhill in order to move.

Going to do my usual regiment of weights and pressups again later today. I've decided that this winter, the cycling to and from school will suffice for an acceptable level of fitness I'm after, and I'll devote the time to weights instead. It's partly because I hate running in the cold! Once it warms up I'll move on to lighter weights and cardiovascular conditioning.

I've been reading about Alexander Technique as applied to sports. An interesting comment has been that the correct posture (or form) is critical before any gains can be made. I've found that when lifting weights, if I concentrate on relaxing and isolating the relevant muscle to do the work, I don't really need to lift a heavy weight to work the muscle. I get much better results this way, and don't have to hike heavy weights and risk throwing my back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home