Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Friday, September 12, 2003

Had a couple of easy days at school with the year 11s away for work experience, so I had a bit more time to sort myself out, find my footing and get acquainted with procedures and things like that. Next week I have a couple of days like that too, so hopefully when the year 11s come back in the following week I’d have got myself more sorted out and ready to go. Still need a laptop really – at least, a proper one from the school. After taking a term for them to pass me one, they passed me a temporary old one (because they still hadn’t configured the new ones), and then I found the old one has a virus that can’t be cleaned off. Lovely! So far I’ve used the laptops just to watch VCDs of NFL and NHL which I made before moving.

My bike came today – haven’t even unwrapped it, as I had to take the train back to London and was pressed for time. I hope it’s good, and that it will get me back to training cardiovascularly. So far I’ve just been walking to and from school. I don’t mind the walking, but when I’m particularly busy, it’s hard not to feel angry about spending 35-40 minutes walking when I could zip down to school in 15 minutes or less. I don’t fancy the walking in winter anyway. I could run, but I don’t want to end up starting the morning smelly (there are no showers in the staff room), and often I’m not in the mood to run when I know I’ve got lots of work to do after that. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good weekend. I’m with Kate, so I know I will! I also feel more confident now, knowing that I’m starting to get on top of things at the school, so hopefully I’ll have more time to train in the future once I’m more efficient at doing the daily things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home