Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Emails answered
yet still awaiting
the main course
he orders
the third beer

double-clicks
My Pictures

pausing on various

recreating
Befores Durings and Afters
reliving in his mind
touch
spoken words

in defiance to
the valium of Time

as tables fill
all around
him
seated in
her favourite corner
where they observed the chef
toss the dough
Scented the heavenly
aromas
and the little flame
between their napkins
danced to the ballads
she thought cheesy
but loved

the couples and families
around him
a vague haze

he continues the
evening streak
avoiding the house
where she looks at him
from the various walls
from the albums
from the portrait above
the bed
The only home
for her now
in his head

His pizza and
the spaghetti
she so loved
arrive

Dinner with a ghost

To the curious glances
he folds the Dell after
Shut Down

and reaches over
to twirl the strands

like he used to
her hair

- "Loss"

Edit: I've mentioned this in the comments, but best put it here as well: this is entirely fictional.

6 Comments:

Blogger Neese said...

are you excited for London Olympics 2012!?

5:31 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

How hauntingly beautiful, those words.

8:51 PM

 
Blogger m said...

I was hungry in the beginning, but now I am sad. I think I'm looking deeper than the first two commenters.

If I am correct I am so sorry.

Truly very sorry.

4:17 PM

 
Blogger tryathlete said...

This is all fridge-poetry, not first-hand, in case anyone's wondering. Thanks for the concern M.

7:47 AM

 
Blogger m said...

Thats me being a girl. Always reading between the lines.

So glad everything is great.

Remember to "moo" at the cows.

12:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parhaps it depends by my poor english but those words sound very sad.

7:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home