Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Today after work I went to get a pair of goggles and then went swimming. I swam 4K (2.5 miles) of breaststroke in total, in about 2:10 or 2:15, which I was very pleased about. I did 1.2K, then 2K, and then the remaining 0.8K. I was pleased because the 3rd K was at a pace consistent with the first 2, and the motion was pretty fluid and relaxed. I found it quite effortless.

Of course, if I ever took part in a triathlon, with a time like that for 2.5 miles of swimming, some athletes would be on mile 18 of the bike as I head into T1. Just a reality check to keep me from getting too smug.

I swam the breaststroke because my front crawl is pretty dreadful. Throughout my life I’ve never got the leg motion for the front crawl correct. It must be my bio-mechanically cursed feet. My legwork for the front crawl is more reminiscent of pistons instead of flippers. I push with my feet instead of using them like flippers. For me, that stroke is really a crawl.

Tomorrow is probably going to be just weights. Of course, that might all change if I wake up and the aches from swimming get too much.

Good day of training on the whole. I’m pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home