Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Got up at 4:30am today to do some running. Crazy, perhaps - but today is my early day at work (I'm always at my desk by 6:20am latest) and with the staff meeting any chances of an afternoon run are more or less condemned. Besides, I always feel sleepy during the staff meeting with people nattering away, so I thought I'd might as well go running, and it'd be convenient when I get tired in the afternoon to try to sleep with my eyes open then.

Went for a slight warm up and did some 400yd "sprints". There's a 400-yd strip that I covered in under 1:20, recovered for 2 minutes or so, and then repeated twice. I wish I could have done more, but I was a bit pressed for time to complete it and get to work. Well, my goal was to do some sprints, so at least I've achieved it.

Will do some weights later on in the day as well.

I've finished reading "Running with the Buffaloes" which is about a season with the University of Colorado men's cross-country team. I'd definitely recommend it - it's a good read indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home