Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Can pigs fly? No, but maybe they can run slow for longer

After a week spent reworking school timetables, and attending summer school interviews, and missing runs, I ran 15K during lunchtime today. Yes, I know for someone of my fitness, it probably wasn't wise to leave a week between running a 30K and follow it up immediately with a 15K, but it was a controlled 15K today, run in oh. so. slow conditions. Even the ducks had a faster mins/mile pace. I did the first 5K in 28 minutes, the middle 5 in 27, and the last 5 in 26. Effort-wise, the first hour felt like a 4/10, and picked up to about a 5.5 after that. I think at the rate I was trotting, it felt like every 6 minutes, I was only running about less than 3 minutes at 80%MHR - which is good. The thought of aiming for a sub-4 marathon on running less than 13.1 miles a week still appeals to me, and I think it will be less an issue of speed, but one more of preventing deceleration after the half-marathon distance. I might also try some speed-walking too, so that I don't lose ground during "rest breaks".

Today's running temperature: 1C/34F. Didn't feel like that though.

Tonight it might be weights to Alias. I'm not sure I'm liking season 4 though.

Back to work - have a good weekend everyone! Keep safe and be good (no links required, you know who you are!)

4 Comments:

Blogger TriZilla said...

WTG on teh run!

Season 4 gets better... Stick with it! :)

5:48 PM

 
Blogger m said...

Try,

At least you got out there. I'm still housebound with a cold. Yeck.

You'll definately do a sub-4 marathon time with whatever training you decide.

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I looooooooove Alias. Sydney Bristow is my IDOL. :) Or at least her body is!! ha ha

5:53 PM

 
Blogger Kurt said...

I have never seen alias so not much of an issue for me

Good job running. Keep at it.

2:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home