Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Tagging is for convicts...?

Tagged - not once, but twice?

I've got to admit, I agree with Amy about "tagging" being "blog chain mail". Besides, what facts would anyone want to know about me? There are plenty of things you can find out by trawling through my archives, or googling "handsome hunk". I wouldn't normally care to post responses to tags, lists or "Which Finding Nemo character are you" quizzes on my blog, but I shall humour you all just this once with some information you won't find anywhere else.

1) I was a sergeant in the army. I've fired M16s, M203s, SAWs, LAWs, Claymore Mines, GPMGs, 0.5" HMGs, Carl Gustavs, 120mm mortars and driven M113s.

2) During a routine live-firing exercise, I once misdirected a bomb 1700 ft off course with near-disastrous results. The forward observer's response was, "51, DID YOU JUST FIRE A BOMB TO MY LEFT?!?!?!" The misfired bomb was later blamed on "strong winds".

3) I am night-blind and colour-blind. This may be a good excuse for why I hate running in the dark, and my poor dress sense.

4) I have a lot of class, and most of it is low.

Happy now?

Today I ran 3 miles at 7:00 pace. The weather was an unbelievable (for me) 0C/32F but I was warm in my hat, gloves and thermals. It felt strange - the air seemed somewhat thin, or was I imagining it? - but I was just happy to be outside running, without caring too much about distance or timing.

I also need to make time to stretch more often. I am so tight, some days it feels like my hamstrings are in my mid-back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Stretching = good. If you're that tight consider a massage. And tagging isn't that bad -- and you're answers were great!

1:17 AM

 
Blogger m said...

Excellent pacing. And very interesting facts. You didn't hit me as an Amry guy. That's not bad or anything (i'm married to a Marine -- go navy I guess?) Anyhow interesting factoids.

I'm a stretching freak btw...being 40 will do that to you. ;)

6:49 PM

 
Blogger tryathlete said...

Thanks for the comments guys. Susan - a can of mace should be more than what you need. Plus it has the advantage of being compact enough to fit on your person. Richard - many thanks for the advice. Coming from a massage therapist, I'll take that! Jen, you're right - massage could be a good idea. M - go Army!

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home