
I don't know what it is about February, but I'm always glad to see the back of it.
Maybe the cold weather that forces one to remain indoors most of the time makes one dwell on things too much - on the state of society, the ills one cannot solve, and things like that - and thinking too much about such things fills one with too much negativity. I'm glad to be Marching on.
Estate agents and solicitors in London are the pits. (I would tar them all in general with the same brush, except I know some of you who are, or have relatives, in these fields, so I'll limit my brush to my waters.) Estate agents, especially, seem to talk to you like you don't matter much, like if you don't buy a property there's always someone else lining up after you. The one we're dealing with is clueless and ambiguous about things. Ask a few questions - "I'll check it out" and never does. Solicitors - gosh, I've never known people to be so litiguous about their time. Every five-minute phone conversation you have with them costs you. The one we have seems to want to find fault with things, so he can have more work to do, ostensibly on our behalf, and charge more. Both never return calls promptly, but the moment you whisper "Sale agreed" and they can smell commission, you're their new best friend. Wow.
We're still in the same place waiting to move. Should be soon, though.
I've not run since mid-February. (Do brisk walks and sprinting for the buses count?) To be honest, I've enjoyed the break from running, not having to kowtow to the minute/mile ratings and all the other statistics. Obviously that isn't something I intend to keep up long-term. But I'm fortunate enough to have the excuse of a cold and let my nose do the running. Someone will have to design Nikes for Noses. At the moment, I'm flab-licious, but the scales are in my favor. Thanks to genetics, I've never weighed beyond 140 in my life ("shrimp"), and whether I run or not, eat crap or not, that makes little difference - a few years ago, on top of big meals I ate an ice-cream every day after lunch for a month and at the end I gained something like half a pound. Supersize me!
It's been a mild winter, thanks to global warming. It's 60F today and will be around that mark this week, I think. I'm still waiting, though, for the next cold snap, expecting Winter to dump its remnants on us. It's lovely and bright in the morning at 6am, although it'll be at 7am when we push back the clock at the last weekend of March. I'm looking forward to longer days.
Can anyone see the pig icon in the address bar? Or is it just working for me?
Enough verbal diarrhoea - I shall post more exercise-related stuff when it happens. In the meantime, happy running everyone!


8 Comments:
I don't see a pig icon.
Wow, it's taking a long time for your house thing to settle - what a pain! It's hard when you're eager and things aren't moving.
My nose was a-running too, but I ran with it. Not pleasent, but I couldn't quite talk myself into skipping.
Hope things start moving for you!
1:14 AM
I don't see a piggy either....
Glad to see you back!
But wait--according to our President, global warming doesn't exist...? ;) ha ha ha ha
Hope the house stuff gets settled soon!
1:48 AM
I see a pig icon under "about me" and on the left of "view my complete profile". Welcome back to the blogsphere and yes you are lucky if you've never weighed beyond 140 (running or not). By the way enjoy this period to watch the 6 Nations and...congrats for the great victory against France despite the lack of "King Wilkinson". I was at the Flaminio stadium last Saturday: celebrations all night long!
9:34 AM
Glad to see your alive and posting on the blog. I once took 3 days off running. It was a horrible experience for me!
Thank god for global warming. It was 80 degrees yesterday.
No Pig Icon other than the one's the Black Knight stated.
2:04 PM
Glad you are back. I'm still not back. I'm just too boring and lazy to post.
Buying a house is one of the most stressfull situations you will ever go through. You'd be surprised how many couples freak-out on walk-through and settlement.
Good luck
2:25 PM
I hope you get all the house business done with and behind you soon. I agree that the break from running has been kind of nice. I know most people wouldn't call what I do a break from running, but in comparison it sure has felt like one. Hopefully warmer weather and more agreeable schedules will allow both of us to get a little more exercise in the near future.
8:37 PM
Nope, no pig icon...
I like the new lay out though. I'm playing nurse to a sick wife and kids this week, so ZERO workouts. :(
Time for us to both get our A__es in check and out the door for a run!
1:16 PM
Using Firefox on a Mac and I DO see the pig icon in the URL bar.
2:52 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home