Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Tat-too, Brutus? Then dye, Caesar

Oh, Stymates! How I've missed reading your blogs! Give me a few days to catch up on the gossip and going-ons. I get withdrawal symptoms when I don't get to click daily on your faces; this must be what "terminal illness" is ...

Back after three days up north, back with more than I went up with. That's right, I have a cold. My in-laws live less than two hundred miles from us, as the Garmin crow flies, but the weather in the north of England makes me feel like it is an entirely different continent altogether. Where they live is probably twinned with Siberia. Or Manitoba. Maybe Nova Scotia. All of you who live in cold unforgiving climates, I have utmost respect for how you cope on a daily basis, even though I have no intention of living in a place like yours. Each time I head up to my in-laws I almost certainly get a cold; I'll have to seriously consider loading up on vitamin C two or three days before the next trip. Or it could be the teachers' curse - getting a nuisance of a cold during your holidays. Either way, you know what's coming up on the fitness front. Not a heck of a lot. But I got off lucky. My sister-in-law developed viral meningitis when she got there, and only left hospital the day we left. Babysitting duties for me. Isn’t he a cutie?



Tattooing seems to get everyone talking. The scale at the butchers' in-laws' declares that I am really a wee pig. Since September, I have lost fifteen pounds. Those were fifteen pounds I didn’t want to lose. But I still look the same as I did. Conclusion – is whatever muscle I had, turning to fat? Time to up the ante when this cold goes away.

Happy Easter, folks!

8 Comments:

Blogger Triseverance said...

Welcome back, and that is a very clever title. Traveling is sure fire way to get sick. I subscribe to the different germ theory.

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

What a cute little piglet! Happy Easter! Hope the sniffles are gone soon.

3:46 PM

 
Blogger Kurt said...

He is adorable! You have a great Easter Try!

3:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Easter and welcome back.

1:26 AM

 
Blogger Zara said...

What an adorable little boy! Bet it was fun to baby-sit such a cutie!

You lost 15 pounds and still look the same? I thought I was the only one who could do that. Only, I *want* to look thinner...

I doubt you lost 15lbs of muscle. You probably don't look any different because your muscles got bigger as what little fat you had melted away!

2:39 AM

 
Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

What a cutie!

15lbs is a lot! I doubt the muscles are turning to fat, if they did, you WILL notice it. :)

5:44 AM

 
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

I can speak to the climate in Nova Scotia. Pretty dank even now at 4 C with a wind chill of - 9 C. Pathetic actually, but spring is here.

Hope your head clears soon and you get back out there!

1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handsome...simply handsome! (The babe that is!)

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home