Ran 5K under 22 minutes this morning, then continued at an easier pace until I hit 30 minutes. It took me until about the first mile to feel warmed up, even though I’ll admit, when running, to being a member of the 20-step warm-up club. For a bit of variety, on the next few runs I’m going to concentrate on distance run within a certain amount of time. For example, I’ll see if I can run a further distance within 22 minutes than I did today. Certainly takes my mind off the minutes-per-mile obsession.
Yesterday we went shopping in the morning ... well, I tagged along with Mrs Try, really. Ever wonder why the cheap-looking, so-called fashionable tack costs more than the proper stuff? Who’d pay for jeans with holes in all places, when you can get proper pants at a lower price?
Another sign that I’m growing old is my left leg. In addition to my knee complaints, I’m starting to feel twitches on the outside of Lefty when I run. More stretching and weights on the menu.
Myself, Mrs Try, and a lady she works with – an operatic screecher I’ve unfairly christened “Chordzilla” – are doing a charity concert next month. Luckily for the audience I’m on piano, and not drums. This is part of my profile as listed in the programme:
… after hearing himself sing, he decided to concentrate on the piano. He studied under J. Walker and later under hypnosis. His other skills that could be vaguely construed as “musical” are page-turning and trills on the triangle…
Should be fun.


3 Comments:
Oh! That sounds like fun! I know you all will sound great!
1:35 AM
I like to tell my wife if I would have saved all my old jeans I could have been rich by now, or when my jeans do get holes in them I tell her that I am following the trends of todays youth.
9:19 PM
Ah...signs of getting older :) Yes, it makes no sense to me to pay more for clothes that have less material. Kind of backwards if you ask me. The fashion industry boggles me.
11:24 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home