The work saga had a happy ending, after a few uglies. I spent the previous weekend and the first half of last week trawling websites, hunting down work, trying to rearrange existing timetables to free up time for possible work. I teach in six different places on six different days, so it's quite a logistical challenge. Having finally freed up some time on Tuesday and Thursday to do possible extra teaching, I called up this English school which holds lessons on those days, only to speak to what I can best describe as a mean little git of a principal. I had written off to him a few days earlier, when I first learnt that my hours at the other school were down, but had got no response, so I called up to ask. He said that the application had already been filled two weeks ago, and added something to the tune of "to apply first and then enquire later is devious", and for some reason started criticizing my reading abilities ... hey, Buddy, if the position has been filled two weeks ago, don't keep advertising it repeatedly as vacant. In the end my music agency, which I'd emailed on the off chance, called to say that there was another school for me - a significant amount of hours there - and after rearranging timetables and making calls it nicely filled up the gaps I had, so everything's worked out fine. And I've got more work closer to where I live, which is good. My schedule is pretty tight now from Monday to Saturday, and I've also had to fit in my own piano students after school hours. It's ten-hour days, most days, sometimes even twelve on some when you include the travel. Doesn't leave much time during the week for exercise, but I'll have to find a way to do it.
Yesterday I went on the stepper and it was alright. My stepper's pretty basic and after about 10 or 15 minutes when the air in the cylinders gets hot it becomes a lot easier to step and the heart rate starts dwindling at a time you want to keep it up. The manufacturer also advises not using it for more than 15 minutes, and I get the feeling one of these days I'm going to smell molten plastic. I alternated 1 minute of all outs with 1 minute of normal stepping for 30 minutes. That's Run (equivalent) #3 of 50.
Next week is my proper full week. It's the full work complement, and I'll be stressed, and tired. The challenge for the week is to make it through each day without feeling worn down, and still find time to do some exercise. And do housework. And spend time with the Mrs.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home