Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The in-laws came to visit mid last week, and we had a good time together. I was a bit apprehensive because I'm wasn't sure which one of the Mrs' Dads was going to show up - the nice one or the foul one - but thankfully it was the former. Perhaps it was because he spent all but the last day tinkering around with the failing computer, that he never got time to get in a bad mood. (Usually it's when he's got too much time, that he seems to like stirring things up. Christmas and Easter are worrying times.) The computer's been nobbled together from old bits, and although some are new, it's been giving problems quite frequently. Throw in a new CD drive and a data drive that chose to fail at the same time, when he was here, and that's enough to keep a computer geek thoroughly occupied. It further turned out that our stealthily-failing CD drive wasn't writing the data from the backup program properly, so we've been trying to cobble together the missing bits from various backup discs and all that. Pure joy!

I haven't run regularly in the last month, and I'm starting to feel it. In addition, as I age I feel the need more to stretch regularly. Why is it the areas you wish to be flexible (i.e. hamstrings) aren't, and the areas that could be a bit tighter (i.e. abs) aren't as well? The term flab-xibility comes to mind. My midsection is starting to resemble a contour map or isobars, depending on your preference.

Hopefully I get my timetable on Thursday and get an idea of where I can squeeze in my runs. My timetable varies from year to year, which is the way I like it, although sometimes I'd rather settle for the monotony of knowing than the unpredictability.

Enough rambling - time for some weights. Today I expect to do the full complement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home