My fears have been realised. I haven't got as many hours as I used to, or hoped to have, so this term I'm not making as much as I did, or could. I could have done with a few more hours at the school, but they've given a sizable chunk to a new teacher who's only going to be here for a term. It sucks because I told the school I would rearrange my other work around the days that they gave me, as long as I had enough hours on each day, for two or three days a week. They've given the periods in a block to the newbie. So I'm making two hour trips each way, three times a week for what amounts to a total of less than eight hours of work. That's rubbish, really. I couldn't sleep last night thinking of it. I leave home at 6:30 on the days I work at the school just to be sure of making it there on time, and when I'm there I teach for a bit and have a big hole, time wasted dawdling around, time that I'm not being paid for. I'm seriously considering looking for work elsewhere.
Monday, September 05, 2005
About Me

- Name: tryathlete
I try to get the balance between exercise, work, family and life right. It often eludes me.
Previous Posts
- Run 2 of 50. (At some stage I'll have to start cou...
- TryAthlete 1, Procrastination 0
- I'm itching to get back to work, back to school. S...
- The in-laws came to visit mid last week, and we ha...
- It was weights yesterday evening. I supersetted du...
- It's been raining all day since 2am. I've spent mu...
- Back after a week away overseas - almost two weeks...
- Mr and Mrs
- Final Preparations
- We ended up taking my dad to Hyde Park yesterday, ...
archives
2008: J F M A M J J A 2007: J F M A M J J A S O N D 2006: J F M A M J J A S O N D 2005: J F M A M J J A S O N D 2004: J F M A M J J A S O N D


1 Comments:
Sounds like it might not be a bad plan...take the weekend and think it over, and then do what your heart tells you.
5:41 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home