Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

In terms of cardio, I've been more deskbound than trying these past few days. I spent most of my days since the last post surfing at the library, trying to find some work for over the holidays. I get two weeks off in December, three weeks over Easter and nearly six in the summer, and I don't get paid for these, so it's important for me to find things to do - obviously I'm not going to be able to do anything this summer, but I want to get sorted out for next year. When I'm sitting around not having anything to do, work-wise, I get a little frustrated because I feel I'm wasting my time. I could be earning but am mucking around. I could use the time wisely and run, of course, but I do like my runs as an pleasurable alternative treat to work, and sometimes when I haven't worked hard enough during the day I don't feel I can indulge in that. Weird, yes.

Anyway, I've got some idea of what to do over the Easter and Summer breaks after looking at the websites of some summer schools. I would also like to find more stuff that I can do in my free time, so I'm still on the hunt...

Got my run for the day in. I was lucky enough that I saw the warden unlocking one of the gates at 6:30 - usually it's not open until 7-ish. The sun was rising, the weather was nice and cool, and for a while while the warden went around unlocking the rest of the gates I felt like the whole park was mine. I did an easy 30 minutes at about 75%MHR, finishing with some sprints at the end. Absolute heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home