Today I rang up and enquired about swimming memberships at a local pool and was pleased to learn they were £21.55 a month. I’ll think about it over the next couple of days. It doesn’t cost that much, of course, but I’m trying to save every penny I can, and the real issue is not how much it costs but whether it’ll be worth it or not. I’m leaning towards going for it, because it’s more worth it than paying £3 per entry, and also because I need to get active, and if I’m getting all this free time I might as well do something worthwhile.
It was freezing again today – I felt really cold in the afternoon even whilst indoors and had to switch the heating on earlier.
Walked with Kate to the studio – the roads for some reason were really crowded. On the way back I witnessed a motorcyclist having an exchange with a motorist. The driver got out of his car and went “What is it with you, you ****ing idiot?” with his arms outstretched. All this happened in the middle of the road, oblivious to other motorists behind him. Yesterday outside the supermarket I saw a man and a woman (not related) having a shouting match, and someone in front of me, from the opposite side of the road shouted “Yeah, you wait there, you watch it,” really having nothing to do with them, but just wanting to egg them on and create trouble. What is it with these people?
Anyway, when I got back I did some circuit training - pressups, squats, on-the-spot running, calf raises, and situps – while the bath was running. Of course the bath has gone cold now, which is just as well, since what I need is a cool down. I got my heart rate to between 120 and 170 bpm for 30 minutes, and it’s only because I haven’t exercised for ages that it got up to that high. I know that I couldn’t exercise on a regular basis and expect my heart rate to hit 170bpm purely by doing free squats. While at University I drove myself crazy during winter months trying (indoors) to circuit train my heart rate past 120bpm.
Oh well – that’s a bit of cardio for today anyway, to stop the neglect. I’ll just sit back and enjoy the endorphin rush. Ah…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home