Oh I can't think of a title
As we say over here, it’s chucking it down outside.
And since the area between my nose and upper lip is still Niagara Falls, I’ve decided to bunker in and do weights. It’s been a week since I last ran, and even so, the last few runs were mainly hill work and not endurance, so that’s not good. My stepper, my old Winter buddy, has one faulty hydraulic and has become a one-arm bandit. Oh well, maybe circuit training later with weights, or something like that, but I'm not going out to be pissed on.
Today I rescheduled my hours over the next few weeks so I could have the day free to reassess things and also to have a bit of breathing space to do other things before the weekend rush. I also found time to visit another school near where we live, and the Head encouraged me to apply even when I explained the business of QTS to him. So I'll do that, but not get my hopes up. It might be another knockout before we enter the ring.
I want to do a 30K some time when I get a mid-term break at the end of the month. I'd be happy running 10K/hr loops around where we live, detour home for a refuelling pit stop, and then repeat, and stick to this pattern and see how many more hours I can keep that up for. I suppose that's my goal for now.
I shall start a pamper-pig day surfing the sty and seeing if anyone's posted...


7 Comments:
Job hunting is the pits. It just is! It's up and down - you can't help but imagine and get your hopes up when you apply, then you wait and wait. Sometimes it falls through, sometimes it works out.
I'll be finding out for myself in a few weeks.
Enjoy your day to yourself - sometimes hanging out at home on a rainy day is the best!
7:03 PM
I agree job hunting is the pits, you definetly need thick skin. I just saw a post that said there is no try only tri. I need to go set them straight. :)
8:08 PM
You should have a pamper pig day and take care of YOU because you are so fabulous!
11:29 PM
Listen to the Rabbit, she knows all.
3:45 AM
At least it sounds like an auspicious start to this new round of job-hunting. Before long, some lucky school will realize they just can't live without you.
8:09 AM
Hmm, pampered pigs eh? Sounds like some yummy bacon ready to sizzle!
30K is a great race but so hard to find. Really good tune up for a marathon.
Have fun and do take care of yourself.
4:40 PM
Never never never never let them count you out (ok I changed it a bit). Your in the ring, if you get knocked down get back up and hold your head high. Your worth it!
Cheers.
Rice.
6:18 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home