Unofficially a blog that's been shut down, you might still find the occasional post here where I mention something about exercise, rant/comment on life, or post my amateur third-person poetry.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's the last day of term for me today - I've taught my 11 weeks of the Summer Term, and will only have my private students next week. Whoppeee! I've been looking forward to the end of term all this week. Teaching has been a little draining this term, I have to say, and on some days I've got out of bed more excited about running than teaching.

It's a hot, muggy 96-100F day - "cool" by the standards of some of my friends across the Atlantic. Thunderstorms were forecast for today but there seem to be no signs of them yet - in any case, I've already done my run. Got up this morning and did an easy 25 mins, 70%MHR.

I've been thinking about how to maintain a decent level of fitness throughout the winter. One of the things that has come to mind is to perhaps do some running on the days I have to get to Bedford before school starts - if I'm getting up earlier to catch the train, then I might as well do some running in the time before lessons start. This means looking for gear to do some cold-weather running in.

Three weeks and a bit to go to the big day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Way to go on the run! And check out roadrunnersports.com for some great deals in cold weather running gear ;) I love that place!

3:57 AM

 
Blogger Tracy said...

opos, make that roadrunnersports.com. This link should work.

3:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home